full two day course guide
What we will cover
To obtain a new Forklift Licence in Victoria you must attend and successfully complete a training course with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) which has been authorised by WorkSafe Victoria to issue High Risk Work (HRW) Licences. Your HRW Licence is valid for 5 years.
In regards to refreshing your training - if your HRW Licence expired less than 12 months ago, you can apply to renew your licence through WorkSafe Victoria, but if your HRW Licence has been expired for more than 12 months you will be required to approach an RTO and complete new training.
At EXELTrain we offer a full 2 day comprehensive training course.
- We will provide a 60-page learner guide and review questions for you to read and complete before attending.
- During this section you will view a slide presentation as our highly qualified trainer takes you through the learner guide in detail. Our trainer will highlight the important areas and prepare all students for the knowledge part of the assessment for the next day.
- You will be shown how to calculate loads and how to interpret load plates to ensure safe operation and lifting at all times.
- Our trainer will spend time with each student explaining how to safely operate a forklift and demonstrate the safety checks required before operation
- Students are then taken through practical exercises such as navigating obstacles and lifting and moving loads. Our trainer will provide as much assistance as required to ensure all students are comfortable and well equipped for the practical assessment.
- 58 questions in total
- 37 questions are Critical – students must achieve 100% to pass or 37/37
- 21 questions are Non- Critical – students must achieve 90% to pass or 17/21
- 8 questions in total
- These questions involve calculating workloads and lifting information, as well as interpreting tables and diagrams
- Students must achieve 100% or 8/8
- The Assessor will observe and pass judgment on how students carry out safety checks, navigate obstacles and move 3 loads with different sizes and weights.
Upon successful completion of the assessment day, students will be issued with a number of documents:
- Notice of Assessment (NOA)
- WorkSafe Victoria L2 Application Form
- Statement of Attainment for the Unit of Competency TLILIC0003 - Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck
The NOA and L2 Application Form must be lodged at a participating Australia Post Outlet within 60 days to apply for your HRW Licence. Once issued, the HRW Licence is valid for 5 years.
What happens if a student doesn't pass?
Part of our job as an RTO is to provide every student with the right information and training to give them the best chance of successfully completing the course. If a student does not pass the assessment day there will be opportunities available to re-sit the assessments at a later date.
(Fee’s, terms and conditions do apply)
Back to Top